Recommended Tricep Workout
Since triceps are at the back of our arms, it is fairly hard to see if we are doing the right routines or exercises for it. If you are a woman, it doesn’t help too that women store more fat in the triceps area than men do. Don’t lose hope though, you wouldn’t want those flabby arms that look like a turkey’s neck now, do you? Continue reading to find out the simplest yet most effective ways to work those triceps.
Tricep extensions are a classic but only a few get it right. Tricep extensions are an easy but effective workout. All you need is one of your handy dandy dumbbells, but make sure you use the right weights. Not too light and not too heavy, just the right number of pounds that can let you finish the repetitions and sets without incurring an injury.
1. Use a dumbbell for each arm. Bend your torso so that you are on a 90 degree angle, facing your toes. Your arms should also be in the same angle, perpendicular to your torso.
2. Kickback your arms while squeezing your triceps and ab muscles, so that they are in line with your torso.
3. Lower the arms slowly to original position and repeat 10 times for 3 sets.
If you’ve done this before, you could be one of the many who find this workout tricky and feel that it is not effective. The key is to squeeze your triceps as you do this routine and use correct weights that will allow you to kickback your triceps in the right position.
This exercise gives you bonus workout for your shoulders, abdomen, and the buttocks. What’s even nicer about it is that the only equipment you need is a sturdy chair. Ensure your safety though by doing this exercise properly.
1. Sit on a chair with your hands on both sides holding the seat, hands facing down.
2. Slowly lift your bottom from the chair slightly and push yourself downward from the chair to the floor, bending your arms in a 90 degree angle.
3. Push yourself up and down, squeezing and working your triceps as you go along. Do not lock your elbows and never dip lower as to create more than 90 degrees angle with your arms. Do 3 sets with 10 repetitions each.
Get the best results from each of these workout by eating properly and alternating one tricep exercise with another. This surprises your muscles to prevent them from hitting a plateau. Grab your dumbbells and chair now!